She played the game by her own rules...until he changed them...
I hadn’t felt so alone in a while. Vegas was usually the place where I felt at peace and didn’t have to deal with any of the bullshit that had occurred over past twenty-four hours. I took the hottest shower I could stand to wipe myself clean of the day, followed by a luxurious bubble bath while I drank the bottle of Moscato I had bought to be shared with someone other than myself. I submerged myself under the water, holding my breath for as long as I could while I floated back to the top. It felt liberating being able to only hear the roar of the water, without noises from the real world getting through. I must have repeated the process six or seven times until it lost its fun. I didn’t want to go home and I didn’t want to stay there. Both places reminded me of Ryder. I can’t believe he ruined Vegas for me. I had no idea where I would go the next day.
After the water started to turn lukewarm, I hopped out and air dried as I packed my bags. It felt nice to walk around my room, feeling the air against my cool skin. I was high enough that no one would see me when I walked close to the windows and the feeling of possibly being seen was highly erotic. I was packing my heels in my bag when there was a weak knock at the door. Turning suddenly, I had to wonder if it was meant for my door or maybe I was hearing someone knock next door.
I threw on a t-shirt and thong and stepped closer to the door. Just as I got on my tippy toes to see through the peep hole, I heard and felt another knock. Looking through the hole, I saw Tate walking away from my door. I opened the door without another thought and followed him, tapping on his shoulder.
Tate stopped, turned toward me, and then looked back at my door. “Were you planning on going back out like that?” He had a hint of amusement in his eyes.
“No, I heard you knock and threw the first thing I saw on to see who it was.”
“So you weren’t dressed?” His smile was full force.
“I was just packing to leave and hadn’t decided what to wear for the rest of the night. Why aren’t you with whore-face?” I didn’t need to tell him I wasn’t sure when I was leaving or where I was going. I hadn’t quite figured it out.
“Ahh, the more important question is how you’re going to get back in your room, doll. Seeing you strut downstairs to the front desk with your tight little ass peeking out from under your very thin t-shirt might gather even more looks than you and Tyler got on the casino floor earlier. You do know he’s getting married tomorrow, right?”
1. I’m 24 and Texas born and raised (not fun per se, but mandatory, right?)
2. I will see any movie with Adam Sandler or Channing Tatum in them
3. I can’t drive with shoes on (I’ve had 8 ankle surgeries on my driving foot)
4. I plan out my books while I drive to work normally
5. I have the most random taste in music ranging from Alanis Morissette to Rob Zombie to Luke Bryan to Metric
6. I’ve been on over 600 flights in my lifetime
7. I’m scared of fire and have never ever lit a match or lighter
8. Apparently, I talk really fast
9. My favorite drink is Sweet Tea (not bottled, the real stuff)
10. I love chocolate and peanut butter
11. I don’t snore, but I talk in my sleep
12. I always bake cookies for road trips... a lot of them
13. I HATE beer
14. Brisket tacos are the shit
15. I’m tempted to move to Austin just so I can go to Gourdoughs whenever I want
16. I get excited when hurricanes form (I know, it’s horrible and feel for everyone who lives on the coastlines, but ever since I was little, I was always cheering them on to get bigger)
17. I would be an awesome getaway driver if you were to rob a bank or egg your boyfriends car
18. I say “y’all” and am proud of it
19. Bailey in Sinfully is modeled after my niece who still asks for the “Talk Dirty Tummy” song
20. I have the best PA in the world ;)
Texas born and raised, I found my love for dirty books rather recently. I work in real estate for my normal job and I write contemporary romance. I love sweet tea (made right!), cookie cake, and anything with chocolate and peanut butter.
I have a few guys at my gym that are my TDF’s (tall, dark, and fuckable) but also have a HSB (Hot Sauna Boy), because let’s be honest, they’re my motivation while I’m there! I go to Las Vegas often but I swear I don’t have as much fun as Payton does. Although, if I found myself a Tate there, I might change my opinion!
Authors such as Katy Evans, SE Hall, Angela Graham, Jasinda Wilder, and Jillian Dodd have been a large influence on me and I’m forever grateful. I decided to write Sinfully on Black Friday in November 2013, on a whim. I thought I’d get bored after a few pages but was captivated by the characters and it developed into something I am truly proud of. Sinfully will be the first of three in its series, but they will be able to be read separately if desired.
When it comes to book boyfriends, I love those who are strong but with a little imperfection or tragedy in their past (Remy, Kellan, Q, Twitch are just a few of my favorites). I LOVE talking to my readers so feel free to message me on Facebook. ♥