Ashley's Interview with Kelly
- What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I usually have to listen to the same song before I start writing. Currently it is Kelly Clarkson's "Invincible"
- Describe Emmit in one sentence
Incredibly sweet and sexy.
- Describe Adaline in one sentence
Someone who knows what she wants.
- Favorite and least favorite scene to write in Ignite
Gosh, there were a number of them. I did enjoy writing the race scenes because my hubby was involved a lot with those scenes.
- What is your go to snack when writing?
I don't really snack when writing. Before I gave up Diet Coke I had to have one every single time I sat down.
- If you weren’t an author what would you be doing right now?
Not really sure. I worked in a high school library and loved that. I'm sure it would be something with books.Volunteering at a library maybe or even back to working in one.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
- If you could sit down face to face with any of your characters, who would you choose and why?
Hmm ... that's a hard one. I would have to say Ellie. She was the first character's story that weighed heavy enough on my mind that caused me to sit down and write her story.
- What do you like to do when you're not writing?
Spend time with my family. Camping, hiking, and HGTV are my top three favorites things to do as well.
- What does your family think of your writing?
Darrin and Lauren are very supportive and very proud! Lauren came up to me once and asked, "Mom, have you ever googled yourself? it's pretty neat."
- Who is your current book boyfriend and why?
Right now it is Grayson, from Chasing You!
- What is your pay it forward book (the one you tell everyone they just HAVE to read)?
Jennifer Probst The Marriage Bargain
- If you could have anyone write the story of your life who would you choose and what would the title be?
Most likely it would be written by me! No one knows my story better! The title ... Pieces Of My Life?!
About the Author
Kelly Elliott is married to a wonderful Texas cowboy who has a knack for making her laugh almost daily and supports her crazy ideas and dreams for some unknown reason...he claims it's because he loves her!
She’s also a mom to an amazing daughter who is constantly asking for something to eat while her fingers move like mad on her cell phone sending out what is sure to be another very important text message.
In her spare time she loves to sit in her small corner overlooking the Texas hill country and write.
One of her favorite things to do is go for hikes around her property with Gus....her chocolate lab and the other man in her life, and Rose, her golden retriever. When Kelly is not outside helping the hubby haul brush, move rocks or whatever fun chore he has in store for her that day, you’ll find her inside reading, writing or watching HGTV.
Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/1SBW0ze