Ten Steps to Surviving a New Job:
1. Don’t sleep with the client. It’ll get you fired. (Sounds easy enough.)
2. Don’t blink when new client turns out to be former one-night stand.
3. Don’t call same client a jerk for never texting you back.
4. Don’t believe client when he says he really, really wanted to call.
5. Remember, the client is always right—so you can’t junk punch him when he demands new design after new design.
6. Ignore accelerated heartbeat every time sexy client walks into room.
7. Definitely ignore client’s large hands. They just mean he wears big gloves.
8. Don’t let client’s charm wear you down. Be strong.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the client. You’ll lose more than your job—maybe even your heart.
10. If all else fails, see rule number one again.
Review by Lorena
Firstly, this cover caught my eye and then the synopsis. I can't never go wrong with reading any of Jennifer Blackwood's books.
The Rule Maker was a funny and oh so sexy read with it's moments!
I love a heroine that is tough, sarcastic and sassy and this book definitely had one of those!
The banter and the sex will leave you salivating and wanting more!
I just love these rules because we never follow them right! And in this circumstance, these characters definitely did not follow the rules ;)
I absolutely love a book with a love/hate relationship because you see the relationship build up again if they've have history and these characters definitely had some history and unfinished business that they needed to resolve.
I'm leaving this review short and sweet, just have to tell you that this is a book that you don't want to miss out on!
I am so looking forward to reading the rest of this series!
About the Author
Jennifer Blackwood is an English teacher and contemporary romance author. She lives in Oregon with her husband, son, and poorly behaved black lab puppy. When she isn't writing or teaching, she's binging on Veronica Mars episodes and white cheddar popcorn.
Connect with Jennifer
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJenniferBlackwood
Facebook Reader Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1541291366201625/
Goodreads Author Page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8532549.Jennifer_Blackwood?from_search=true
Goodreads Reader Group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/186113-jennifer-blackwood-books
Amazon Author Page: https://www.amazon.com/Jennifer-Blackwood/e/B00OPXL0VG/ref=la_B00OPXL0VG_ntt_srch_lnk_2?qid=1481596906&sr=1-2