Starr Media Second-Assistant Survival Guide
1. Don't call your hot boss the antichrist to his face.
2. Don't stare at hot boss's, um, package or his full sleeve of tattoos. (No. Really. Stop!)
3. Don't get on the malicious first assistant's bad side.
4. Don't forget to memorize the 300-page employee manual.
5. If you value your cashmere, steer clear of boss’s dog.
6. Boss’s dimples are lust-inducing. Do. Not. Give. In.
7. “The elevator ate your clothes” is not a valid excuse for showing up to important meetings half dressed.
8. Don't break seven of the rules within the first week of employment if you, ya know, are in dire need of money to support your sick mom.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the boss. See rule eight about sick mom.
10. Never forget the rules.
Review by Lorena
Seriously hilarious and such an enjoyment to read. Lainey and Brogan were such an amazing couple that fit perfectly together. She completed him from the get-go.
Lainey just was a total opposite of what I'm used to reading and that really put a smile on my face. I loved her clumsiness, it made me laugh and actually made me feel differently about a book.
Who better to follow their own rules and break them when he wants. None other than the owner of the company himself, Mr. Brogan Starr. He put those rules into effect for a reason but when Lainey came into his company and ran-smacked right into his life, he couldn't help but to break his own rules.
I loved the fact that he didn't hesitate to break them when it came to a person he developed feelings for mighty quickly. Her personality was just so out there that it was inevitable for him to fall for a woman like her. Not only was she smart and clumsy but she was beautiful. Technically, Lainey was the whole package and he wanted her badly.
The only thing lacking for me in this story was the steamy sexy scenes. I get it, not all books have them but sometimes when you read a book and there's so much chemistry involved between the characters, you want to read those sexy romantic scenes to go along with the story.
Other than the lack of, this was a great book, very entertaining and highly recommended.
About the Author
Jennifer Blackwood is an English teacher and contemporary romance author. She lives in Oregon with her husband, son, and poorly behaved black lab puppy. She is the author of The Drexler University series, the Rule Breaker series (May 2016 and Jan 2017) and an upcoming Brazen series (July 2016 and early 2017)
Connect with Jennifer
Newsletter signup: http://eepurl.com/ZVfOX
Facebook Author Page: http://bit.ly/1RUoWF8
Facebook Reader Group: http://bit.ly/23FkbmH
Goodreads Author Page: http://bit.ly/20CcJqC
Goodreads Fan Group: http://bit.ly/1qRU6TF
Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/1T4wQur