Today we have Catching Preeya by Rissa Brahm, a sexy new contemporary romance. Check it out and be sure to enter Rissa's giveaway! About Catching Preeya: Fight… Flight attendant Preeya Patel wears her mother’s wanderlust-genes like a catwalk model. After quitting med school, she flies fast-and-free through her twenties—a staunch middle finger to her Dr. Dad. She wants the life of her dreams—a wild ride with a savage partner in crime to go with it. But dreams don’t often match what fate delivers… Flight… Young widower, Dr. Ben Trainer, is flying to Mexico, joining yet another vaccine mission, alleviating his grief and guilt one needy soul at a time. And…risking his life might just set him free. Or Fall… When an in-flight emergency throws Ben and Preeya together to save a child, logic and whimsy collide. Both lost souls’ find something hot and deep and true—an unforeseen connection. But dreams morph, old nightmares haunt, secrets surface. In order to navigate their futures, they must face their pasts. Hard. Will Preeya recognize the man of her wildest dreams? Or will Ben fly from this second-chance love before her eyes open? A fight—or flight—to the finish…for love. Buy Links: CATCHING PREEYA Taking Jana
Getting’ in the Mood
By Rissa Brahm
How do I get in the mood…to write a steamy and sensual sex scene? Just like in real life, I do require a certain setting, environment, and yes, mood to write my couple’s passionate hot and heartfelt encounters.
Writers must dive into any scene headfirst and come back out having written an emotional, believable, and reverberating connection between their characters. It’s the same with sex scenes—whether I’m imagining-while-writing a sweet love making rendezvous or a lustful and electrifying sex-capade, I need to dive in, and to do that, for me, it’s all about context.
Speaking of context… Dr. Emily Nagoski, women’s sexuality professor at SmithCollege and author of New York Times bestseller, Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sex Life explains some pretty baffling, mind-blowing truths on sex, including the importance of context. The right context is necessary for achieving passionate, heartfelt, emotionally connected sexual encounters—in real life and for me in the scenes I write.
So for my contextual rightness… Here are my 5 sexy-time mix-and-match mood setters for writing sex scenes that hit the spot:
1. I fly solo. Whether in my car, in my office, in a park under a tree, I need to be essentially alone and uninterrupted (I really get in the zone) for my impending core-tingling fiction to be…satisfying for my readers.
2. Listening pleasures. Quiet’s best, but certain music is a definite turn on before hand. In fact, Selena Gomez Good for You had me pulling off the road to write the first (and long awaited) sexual encounter between Jana and Antonio in my second novel Taking Jana—about twenty chapters before I’d gotten to that part of their story. (BTW Selena’s Hands to Myself is another core-clenching favorite!)
3. Ingestible aphrodisiacs: Gimme chocolate chunk brownies (Ghirardelli) or mint chocolate chip ice cream (Baskin Robins) with black coffee (Batdorf & Bronson, my family’s favorite) and I’m on! The contrast and inherent sugar and caffeine buzz(es) get me going for the long haul ;)
4. Activity: Coupled with a need to keep moving after sitting at a desk all day, I will sometimes take an extra long bike ride before writing a sex scene. Exercise floods the system with oxygen for the creative juices to flow, and the bike trail’s calming scenery is a plus. There is another perk to the bicycle, let me just tell you! What a bike seat can do in way of foreplay, ladies ;) Seriously, it’s a thing (see #5!).
5. Read the Heat: Reading soul-deep sex scenes by some of my favorite romance authors reminds me what romantic fiction can deliver—core-electrifying and heart-pounding emotion! Nalini Singh’s Rock Redemption, Megan Hart’s Dirty, and Laura Kaye’s Hearts in Darkness contain a few of my absolute favorite sex scenes.
Those are my top five mood setters. Everyone’s contexts and turn-ons are different. It’s part of what makes our rousing and romantic world go round, right?
Bonus Link! Cosmopolitan’s “31 Sexiest Movie Scenes of all Times”
Rissa Brahm Bio: Contemporary romance writer Rissa Brahm grew up in New York and has since lived in all four corners of the United States, and beyond. The beautiful paradise of Puerto Vallarta, Mexico—the core setting of her hot & heartfelt debut series, Paradise South—is Rissa’s most recent and beloved home. After two decades of working in the rigid—and sometimes blurry—world of finance, she's taken hold of her truest dream, writing hot and heartfelt stories full time. When not chained-by-choice to her MacBook, she is embarking on outdoor adventures with her husband and little girl, laughing to tears with a good rom com, eating amazing Indian food with something chocolate for dessert; reading good, hot scorchers in bed; biking, long walks, and yoga; zoning out to killer music from across the decades and the globe; and getting lost only to discover a new exciting route home again. You can connect with Rissa on Facebook, Twitter or by email anytime by heading to www.RissaBrahm.com. Links: website: www.RissaBrahm.com email: me@RissaBrahm.com pinterest: www.RissaBrahm.com/pinterest facebook: www.RissaBrahm.com/facebook goodreads: www.RissaBrahm.com/goodreads twitter: www.RissaBrahm.com/twitter Youtube: www.RissaBrahm.com/YouTube Author Central: amazon.com/author/rissabrahm Rafflecopter Embed Code: a Rafflecopter giveaway
Blog Tour Schedule:
bound by books book review Excerpt
I Love My Authors Excerpt
1-chick and her kindle Excerpt
Vera is Reading Excerpt
The Recipe Fairy Excerpt
nerd girl official Excerpt
Book Groupies Excerpt
Making it Happen Excerpt
My fictional escape Excerpt
Alpha Book Club Review
Fictional Rendezvous Book Blog Excerpt
Book Boyfriend Reviews Review
Shortie Says Excerpt
Penny for My Thoughts Review
Socially Awkward Book Nerd Excerpt
I Read Indie Playlist
This Mom Loves Alphas Excerpt
Princess Reads Review
NightWolf Book Blog Excerpt
Chapter 5 by Love Koko Review
Romance Book Nerd Excerpt
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews Excerpt
Wicked Babes Blog Reviews Review
Brittany's Book Blog Playlist
My Slanted Bookish Ramblings Review
Dani's Book Review Blog Excerpt
Literary Dust Excerpt
Evermore Books Excerpt
Ramblings From This Chick Excerpt
Grammy's bookshelf Dreamcast
night and day book blog Excerpt
Loves Great Reads Blog Excerpt
The Book Sirens Excerpt
Wild and Dirty Book Blog Excerpt
Smut and Bon Bons Excerpt
Book happiness Review
Elora Nicole Review
2 girls who love books Excerpt
Jax's Book Magic Excerpt
Blazinbear's Book Blog Excerpt
Reading in Sarah's Corner Guest Post
G & T's Indie Café Excerpt
Leave a Reply.